Love watching films? Passionate about the environment? Want to ‘make a difference’? Then be a part of our core team and help make next year's Festival our best yet.
We're looking for a Development Coordinator for the 2017 Green Film Fest. The ideal candidate will take pride in their organizational skills and be keen to expand their knowledge of non-profit fundraising and development. This is a part-time, seasonal position from Oct thru April. Apply by August 31.
posted August 8, 2016
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Job Status: Part-Time, Temporary Employee
Schedule: October 1 - April 30, 16/hr week
Reporting to the CEO and COO, the Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting a wide range of areas relating to the Festival’s fundraising activities. You will help establish new relationships with sponsors and donors and nurture existing ones. These may include corporations, organizations, individuals, or in-kind vendors. You'll contact and make presentations to prospects, confirm participation, and be responsible for delivery of benefits to our supporters.
About San Francisco Green Film Festival:
Launched in 2011, SFGFF is the city's leading movement for films & conversations about people and the planet. We use the power of film to inspire, inform, and motivate audiences to find their environmental passion and make a difference. In addition to the annual Green Film Fest each Spring, we present year-round community events in the San Francisco Bay Area. SFGFF is a non-profit organization and is part of the Ninth Street Independent Film Center.
- Work with the CEO and COO to research and identify new funding opportunities for the 2017 Festival in April.
- Assist with the complete sponsor engagement and fulfillment process, from creating letters and proposals to tracking participation and benefits.
- Assist with the Festival’s Membership program, including delivery of member benefits.
- Communicate with sponsors and members, by written letter or email, phone call, or in-person.
- Maintain the Festival’s NationBuilder database and mailing lists, tracking all information on sponsors and members.
Skills and Experience:
- This placement will be enjoyed by someone who takes pride in their organizational skills and is keen to expand their knowledge of non-profit fundraising and development.
- You should have some previous office experience to ensure you have the necessary organizational and administrative skills needed for this post.
- You will be working as part of a small team, often on your own initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English.
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Word and Excel.
- Proficiency and experience with a CRM database is desired (such as NationBuilder, Salesforce, or Raiser’s Edge), or your willingness to learn is essential.
- Great organization, attention to detail and ability to work on tight timelines.
- An interest and enthusiasm for fundraising is essential, and relevant past experience in the non-profit sector, festivals or events is desirable.
- An active passion for the environment is required!
This is currently offered as a part-time, temporary position of 16 hours per week, with some full-time weeks leading up to and during the Festival in April. Occasional evening work may be required around the Festival, as well as work on-location at venues in SF or Berkeley. SFGFF's office is based in the Ninth Street Independent Film Center near San Francisco’s Civic Center.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Subject Line: 2017 Green Film Fest Development Coordinator
Application Deadline: Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Interviews will be held the week of September 12.
No phone calls, please.
San Francisco Green Film Festival is an equal opportunity employer.