It's been a phenomenal year for the San Francisco Green Film Festival thanks to the help of our supporters.
In September, we produced the Festival’s largest edition yet as part of the Global Climate Action Summit. We saw that there's never been more need for communities to have a place to come together to share urgent stories from the environmental front-lines. Please consider a year-end gift to our work to build on this momentum and bring even more people into the green conversation in 2019.
We’re at a critical moment in time, facing an administration of climate change deniers with little respect for mainstream media. In this moment it is crucial that we defend both the planet and the rights of all of the people who live on it. We know that film is a powerful way to share stories that can drive change. This is the goal of the Green Film Festival: to use film and discussion to spark green ideas and actions.
We need support from the green community to create our programs. We use donations to bring international films & filmmakers, rent venues, produce events, and promote the festival to a broad public. Ticket prices cover less than 15% of the cost of a seat in the theater. It is only through generous supporters like you that we can cover the full expense of producing these unique programs and ensure that they are accessible to everyone.
With our supporters in 2018, we
- Increased Festival attendance by 17%, showing that the public demand for these stories is growing.
- Kept ticket prices affordable and accessible for all audiences.
- Issued almost 900 free youth tickets, giving young people the opportunity to join the conversation.
- Presented 70+ new international films.
- Hosted over 130 guest filmmakers & expert speakers from around the globe, from China to South Africa, Switzerland to Mexico, with many artists presenting their work to US audiences for the first time.
- Collaborated with over 90 partners from government, corporate and non-profit sectors to provide tangible resources and action steps for audiences at our programs.
- Check out more in the Fest wrap report.
Your help is vital to continuing this work and growing the green movement.
Thank you for all that you do for a greener future.