This year’s films include local premieres of 40 films from around the globe, with 65 visiting filmmakers and guest speakers and with themes ranging from climate change to food and agriculture, land use, energy, green design, and the future of cities.
The festival will also feature special events, parties, panels and educational programs, inviting festival attendees to get involved and take action with environmental causes important to them. All screenings and events will take place at the San Francisco Film Society Cinema in Japantown.
Click to download 2011 Festival Program Guide [PDF]
2012 Highlights include:
- San Francisco Premiere of THE ISLAND PRESIDENT with Jon Shenk, Bonni Cohen and Richard Berge
- San Francisco Premiere of Anthony Baxter’s YOU'VE BEEN TRUMPED in a special double bill with 1983 classic LOCAL HERO
- World Premiere of Mary Liz Thomson & Darryl Cherney’s WHO BOMBED JUDI BARI?
- US Sneak Preview of Emily James’s JUST DO IT: A TALE OF MODERN-DAY OUTLAWS
- And Launch of Lights! Camera! Action Steps! linking Festival attendees with leaders in local Environmental causes to get involved