If you love films and are passionate about the environment, this is your chance to make Green Film Fest 2017 the best yet. Our interns are an integral part of our small, creative team. We simply couldn't do it without you!
These are our current opportunities, there will be additional positions in January 2017. If you're interested please complete this short survey about your interest and experience.
Filmmaker and Guest Liaison - APPLY NOW
Want to work directly with the filmmakers? We need people who can keep track of and coordinate all the great films and filmmakers coming to Green Film Fest 2017. If you’re good at organizing things and love communicating with people this is the perfect opportunity to learn how film festivals come together.
Position Description: You are responsible for all aspects of communication, coordination and hospitality for the filmmakers and guests speakers for Green Film Fest 2017. This includes: communicating all event details, coordinating travel and accommodation arrangements, and producing accreditations. You’ll get into the nitty-gritty of how we pull many people together to make Green Film Fest happen.
Community Outreach - APPLY NOW
This is a chance to build our partnerships with nonprofit organizations across San Francisco. You’ll be connecting with our leading environment, arts and film partners to spread the word about Green Film Fest. This role is an opportunity to learn more about marketing and social impact.
Position Description: You’ll be communicating with existing community partners, and reaching out to new ones, to help spread the word about Green Film Fest and to gather resources for our Green Connect program. This position will connect you with the non-profit community across San Francisco.
Information for all internships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English.
- Good computer skills with experience in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Great organization, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills.
We expect a minimum of 8 - 16 hours per week (one to two days per week) for at least 10 weeks. We can be flexible with the commitment if necessary.
You will be based in our office, at the Ninth Street Independent Film Center near San Francisco's Civic Center. There is a small stipend available for local travel.
All internships are unpaid, but offer other benefits:
- This is a unique opportunity to experience working for a small, fast-paced non-profit that is focused on the power of film and environmental action.
- Working directly with the CEO or COO, this will be a learning experience including mentoring and training support.
- Course credit (where applicable), related majors may include Film/Media Production or Studies, Communications, Business or Arts Administration, Environmental Sciences.
- The opportunity to attend Festival screenings and events and to meet visiting filmmakers and guests.